Your home is your space to do with what you want. Who says area rugs have to go on the floor? Make a statement by hanging one on the wall!
Indeed, rugs are versatile – probably more so than you originally thought. If you can’t quite wrap your head around the idea of placing a rug anywhere but underneath your feet, these ideas might help to change your mind.
- If you have an old, much loved rug that is too worn out to put on the floor – you can use it on the wall. This will keep it from looking old due to foot traffic.
- You can play around with different sizes of rugs – you may have a small one, triangular one or even a square one, and you can hang it on an appropriate wall.
- A hanging rug can be used as a focal point or serve as a demarcating area between two living areas.
- In case you want to use more than one rug in a room, make sure that they complement each other.
- Just keep some unique decorating ideas in mind – use either plain or subdued colors if your room already has a busy décor or vice versa.
A wall hanging rug adds texture and warmth to your house. Looking for rugs to decorate your walls? Check out on of our stores today!
image via Paul Michael Company