Here at Paul Michael Company, we think that burlap simply doesn’t get enough credit! While burlap sometimes gets a bad reputation, this fabric is actually one of our favorite materials to use for DIY holiday decorations! Here are just a few reasons why we love to decorate with burlap during the holidays:
- Burlap is easy to find and inexpensive!
- It’s versatile; burlap can be used for everything from wrapping presents to creating a festive tablescape.
- The neutral color allows it to complement any color scheme and interior design style, from refined rustic to vintage-chic.
- Burlap adds wonderful natural texture to interiors and decor.
- Last but not least, burlap is an all-natural, renewable fabric, so it’s eco-friendly!
For inspiration, here are 6 ways you can achieve designer holiday decor with burlap:
1. Make burlap bags with ribbon and holly that are perfect for holding seasonal potpourri or even small gifts.
2. Use ribbons of burlap to trim the tree.
3. Create your own festive place holders for your holiday tablescape with burlap pouches filled with greenery.
4. Make your own shabby-chic holiday table runner from burlap.
5. Design your own vintage burlap Christmas stockings.
6. Deck the halls with DIY burlap holiday wreaths.