Smaller living spaces mean less to clean and maintain, and by following some of the tips listed below, you still have plenty of room for storage.
- Low bookcases resting along the back of a sofa double as both a display for treasured items as well as a chic sofa table.
- Choose a sturdy, well made ottoman that can also be used as a coffee table.
- Window seats, under bed drawers and enclosed cabinets are great for storing linens and other bulky items.
- No closet space? Buy a wooden ladder, paint to match your décor, and use as a shoe rack. Practical and pretty!
- Hallways make the perfect storage area. Line with floor-to-ceiling bookcases or other storage furniture for everything from dishes and kitchen items to toiletries.
- Remember the lighter the better. Get rid of heavy dark drapes, paint rooms in light neutral hues, keep color schemes to monochromatic except for a few splashes of accent colors, and hang mirrors to reflect light and open up the living space.
Like some of the tips listed above? Stop by any of our four convenient Paul Michael Company locations to get started on simplifying your living space.