Paul Michael’s daughters have gotten their mom, Debbie, to make these camo cake pops for the September dove hunt party they’ve hosted for the last 12 years, and we thought it’d be fun to share the directions!
We used chocolate melts with silver, gold, and green sprinkles for this year’s party, while the pops themselves were lemon. Here’s how we make them…
- Get one cake mix and one container of icing, and bake the cake according to directions.
- While it’s still warm, crumble the cake so no chunks (not even tiny ones!) are visible.
- Work in the carton of icing. We used a metal spatula. It will almost be the consistency of Playdough.
- Chill slightly so it’s easier to handle.
- Cover cookie sheets with wax paper and roll dough into balls about the size of walnuts. You can make them any size you want, but we like bite size.
- And now the fun begins! Dip in melting dots/ chocolate/ candy discs, which come in bags of different colors and flavors (we found ours at Wal-Mart). Let your imagination soar!
Want to read more about this year’s dove hunt party? Check out this post!