When it comes to designing and decorating at home, there’s always so much talk about modern, contemporary, traditional and the like. But what if none of those design styles tickles your fancy? What if you’re looking for something a bit more… rugged?
Let’s take a deeper look at what’s known as Southwestern design style. Here’s a few features that it often includes:
- Vibrant colors that produce old Western look and feel… deep Earth tones are very predominant
- A healthy blend of both old and new elements
- An overall sense of a particular time and place… there’s no mistaking when you’re in the midst of a room decked out with Southwestern style
- Homage to what’s natural: deserts, mountains, sunsets, parks, animal hides and longhorn skulls
- A hint of cowboy/cowgirl flair with boots, hats, lassos and the like
If you’re an outdoorsy person who enjoys all that good old Mother Nature has to offer, then Southwestern style might be the perfect design style for your home. Don’t forget that Paul Michael Co. has plenty of accessories that’ll blend perfectly for your home’s Southwestern look, so be sure to visit one of our locations to get shopping!