You don’t need a million dollars to achieve a million-dollar home design. All it takes is a little resourcefulness and an eye for style. Here are some ideas for transforming spaces without breaking the bank. Inspired by Redbook and Country Living, here are some of our favorite ideas for affordable DIY decor.
- Reupholster or repaint old pieces of furniture
- Find funky lamp shades or make your own
- Use cushioned dining room chairs throughout your whole home
- Turn cool bottles, jars and containers into decorative displays
- Take old tea towels or cloth napkins to make unique DIY accent pillows
- Use antique frames in unexpected places
If you are looking for more guidance, here are a few books that provide fantastic tips, tricks and design techniques for home decorating on a tight budget.
- Flea Market Style by Emily Chalmers and Ali Hanan
- The Way We Live with the Things We Love by Stafford Cliff
- Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home by
- Restore. Recycle. Repurpose.: Create a Beautiful Home by Randy Florke and Nancy J. Becker
- Thrifty Chic: Interior Style on a Shoestring by Liz Bauwens and Alexandra Campbell
Rather than thrifting or coupon clipping, however, you can simply shop for home furnishings at Paul Michael Company in Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas. We pride ourselves not only on having unique home decor, but on offering our merchandise at incredibly reasonable prices as well. Come by and see for yourself! We’d love to help you update or redecorate your home.