As the mercury rises and falls this holiday season inevitably so will your temperament. Take a few minutes at the end of the day to relax and get back in that good head-space with an adult beverage or as we south of the Mason Dixon like to refer to it as…a toddy! The recipe I will share with you today can be enjoyed warm or cold.
2 parts Apple Cider
1 part Cranberry Juice
1 part Bourbon- Bulleit is my preference!
Squeeze of lemon
*Thyme simple syrup to taste- this isn’t necessary but it sure is a nice touch! (recipe at end of post courtesy of Debbie Michael)
Garnish with Rosemary
Once you have combined all of your ingredients pour over ice in shaker. Shake and pour into glass.
Add lemon slice and spring of Rosemary for garnish. Sip and enjoy!
If the cold weather has you down try drinking this holiday treat warm. Heat seems to make the Rosemary more pronounced so I left it out of this version.
Thyme Simple Syrup Recipe
2 parts suagr
1 part water
1 package of fresh thyme or grab some from your garden if the cold hasn’t killed it
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Place thyme in cheesecloth and drop in pot
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick.)
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle.